A woman accused a former member of the New York City Club Crackers gang of trying, unsuccessfully, to kill her by locking her in a wooden boat for several days after she went missing in October 2015, according to court documents obtained by The Washington Post.
In the documents, which were unsealed Wednesday, prosecutors said the woman, who is not identified, “came forward with a number of claims that she and other members of the gang engaged in sexual and/or other misconduct with her during the summer of 2015.”
The woman’s attorney, Joshua M. Zivotofsky, declined to comment on the allegations, citing the ongoing investigation.
“The allegations against these alleged gang members are completely false and baseless,” Zivotoff said.
The woman, whose identity has not been released, told the New Yorker that she had a consensual sexual relationship with the group’s leader, who was then 19 years old.
But she said she was “taken advantage of, and threatened with sexual violence and physical violence,” according to the court documents.
She said the leader forced her to engage in sexual acts with him, and “in some instances, she was forced to perform oral sex on him.”
In the filing, prosecutors noted that she reported the alleged assaults to the FBI.
On March 25, 2016, the woman was on the boat with several other people when a man who police later identified as the alleged leader of the group, 25-year-old Dario Paz, entered the boat and attempted to get on board.
The man, who prosecutors said was the alleged founder of the “club cracker” gang, then tried to drown the woman.
Paz allegedly took her into the boat, and after about two hours, the boat was towed away from the area, authorities said.
In a statement to The Washington Examiner, Paz said: “This is a sad day for my friends, family, and the club cracker community.”
“We have not been able to recover the boat from the water and the evidence is not being properly collected and analyzed,” he added.
The boat was found by members of a boat club in the area of Manhattan, where Paz was arrested, according the Associated Press.
On Wednesday, the New Jersey Department of Environmental Protection issued a permit for a new boat club, which is not allowed to use the same area as the club that once hosted the alleged gang leader.
Authorities said the boat club has since been closed and closed its doors.
The department did not say when the permit was issued.
In addition to the criminal charges against Paz and Paz’s lawyer, a second man, identified only as “T,” is accused of participating in the alleged rape.
Authorities did not disclose details of the charges.
The attorney for T declined to discuss the charges and the case.
Zimbofsky said he had no comment on that.
The former club member, who police described as “known to have been in the club gang” and had no prior criminal record, was arrested at a Manhattan subway station, where he was stopped by police.
He was taken into custody and later charged with first-degree rape and second-degree kidnapping, according an affidavit from the Nassau County district attorney.
The two alleged gang leaders and two other people were arrested.
Paez was also charged with possession of cocaine and possession of a controlled substance, authorities added.
A third person, identified as “B,” was also arrested and charged with kidnapping and conspiracy to commit kidnapping.
He also allegedly told investigators he met Paz at a club after Paz joined the gang, according court documents and the affidavit.
Piz has been charged with multiple counts of first- and second (felony) and third-degree sexual assault, according a criminal complaint.
Prosecutors said Paz admitted that he raped the woman at a bar in the Bronx, but that he was unable to give her the name of the club or its leader.
The alleged gang member told police he had been involved in the same sex-crimes ring for the past six years, according police.
Puzas attorney, Daniel Oster, said Piz had tried to commit suicide three times before his arrest.
He said Puzaz is not a member of any other gang and did not know the women involved in this case.
The allegations were first reported by The New Yorker.
The club was closed in 2016 after its founder, Dario, was charged with assaulting his girlfriend.
He is now free on $5 million bail and was expected to be extradited to New York.
In January, the club’s executive board voted to close, and Piz and Puza were forced to take their place, in an email from the board, according CNN affiliate WABC.
“We understand the community has been grieving and our heart goes out to them,” the